You don’t have to spend a fortune to polish yourself around the edges. Here are 20 economical ways to look like a million bucks for under twenty.
Just graduated college and don’t have that first pay check? Want to dress like a magazine model but short on funds? Have three kids and a mortgage and no extra dough? Take a look at this list and find ways to improve your image on the cheap.
1. Get a haircut – A haircut can make you look 5 years younger and 10 pounds lighter. Need help? Here’s how to get a good one. The average American millionaire man pays $16 plus tip.
3. Buy scissors – Not for cardboard cutouts but your nose hair. Your local CVS has plenty – $2
4. Freshen your breath – Try Smalls Altoids mints. Little mints. Big taste.
5. Use a Tree – Use cedar shoe trees and keep your wingtips in good form – $12 per pair. An even better deal since you only need one pair for your entire shoe collection.
7. Control your tie – Use the Tiedown to keep your tie in place – $1.75 for a pack
8. Upgrade your undershirt– Tired of Hanes and the Fruit? Try a new undershirt experience at Ribbed Tee – $18.75 for two classic V-neck tees.
9. Put on some deodorant – It’s a must do. Mithcum is known for its superior protection against wetness – $5
10. Use a shoehorn – Another way to keep your shoes in working order. Find a good option here. – $2.95
11. Pull up your socks – Opt for bold socks instead of the standard navy and black to kick up your accessories a notch. Try stripes like these – $7.50
12. Lose your wallet – Get rid of the fat wallet in your back pocket and slide one of these slim options in your front pocket.
13. Get a hold on static – Spray down with a can of Static Guard and keep your pants from sticking to your leg. – $1.50
14. Get a handbook – Read this handbook by Esquire and you’ll be two steps ahead of the next guy. $15
15. Brighten your smile – Go first class with this Italian made toothpaste. Your lady will thank you in the morning. – $6
16. Be a square – Add this plaid pocket square to your wardrobe to liven up your spring suit. – $10
17. Get some shade – Pick up these sunglasses. Just be sure not to wear them at night or in the club. – $6
18. Use your head – Top of your look with this Fedora, but don’t wear high tops with your suit like Justin Timberlake. – $8
19. Belly up to the bar – The Tie Bar has as many tie options as your local watering hole and they are cheaper than a round with the guys. – $15
20. Tap your toes – Find a cobbler to put taps on your toes and help your shoes last forever – $3