There’s something so appealing about a rustic cottage… the cozy warm glow of the fireplace, the natural wood accents and the old plaid blanket that keeps you warm on those chilly nights. Get the lodge look by choosing furniture and accents which have a hint of that rural country charm, with elements like plaid, fur, wood and dark metals. Combined they will feel perfectly rustic without going over the top. Today we’re sharing 20 of our favorite pieces, all at an affordable price point.
Rustic Intentional Apartment Inspiration
1. Quentin Chesterfield Sofa – World Market, $749 – A tailored, button-tufted Chesterfield sofa is the perfect seating option for a rustic space, and this charcoal gray fabric version will give you the look you’re going for without the hefty price tag of a leather version.
2. Vinita Wingback Chair – Wayfair, $210 – The classic shape of this accent chair feels like it belongs next to the fireplace in a ski lodge. It is made of faux leather, bringing the price down to an affordable $210.
3. Arador Black and White Plaid Chair – Houzz, $231 – This traditional arm chair has a black and white buffalo check style plaid fabric which will pair well with wood and other neutral materials, and the shape will add a classic touch of detail to your space.
4. Harrah Chesterfield Sofa – Wayfair, $649 – This faux leather Chesterfield style sofa looks quite authentic, thanks to its nailhead details and overstuffed cushions.
1. Retro Industrial Sconce Light – Houzz, $98 – Flank your bed or fireplace wall with these simple sconce lights with an old school camp sort of feel.
2. Romanza Tripod Floor Lamp – Houzz, $99 – Wooden legs add a rustic touch to this easy, stylish tripod style lamp. The large white shade will allow a warm light to fill your cozy rustic space.
3. Rustic Style Iron Cage Sconce – Houzz, $45 – This unique sconce will add some serious personality to your room, with its iron cage, Edison bulb and brass accents.
4. Arquer Arched Floor Lamp – Wayfair, $85 – If you’re on the hunt for a light fixture which will reach out over your sofa, this arched lamp from Wayfair might fit the bill. Its copper finish will add a bit of shine to your rustic room.
Storage and Tables
1. Gilford Coffee Table – Target, $169 – For a more refined rustic look, give this wooden table and drawer combo a try. It will provide all the practicality you need, while still fitting in with that lodge style.
2. Live Edge Accent Table – Target, $59 – The natural edges on this accent table give it an organic handmade look, and the hairpin legs provide a sturdy base.
3. Fjällbo Table – Ikea, $69 – If you are drawn toward simple furniture, then this wood-topped coffee table might be perfect thanks to its minimal design.
4. Old Fashioned Wood Storage Trunk – Home Depot, $84 – This old-fashioned style trunk would make a great side table in the bedroom or a small coffee table in the living room.
1. Black Buffalo Check Throw Pillow – Target, $49 – Toss one or two of these buffalo check pillows on your sofa or bed for instant rustic appeal.
2. Synthetic Rawhide Rug – Overstock, $81 – Nothing says country charm like a (faux) fur rug… and this beige and brown hide looks surprisingly realistic.
3. Buffalo Plaid Checkered Tassel Throw – Amazon, $39 – Another buffalo plaid detail, this time a throw blanket in bright red for a pop of color to offset all the brown.
4. Faux Fur Throw – West Elm, $49 – Add some texture to your room with this cozy faux fur throw. Toss it on the arm of your sofa, or layer it over your rug for a soft spot to put your feet.
1. Polystone Deer Bookends – Overstock, $26 – Deer accents are the perfect finishing touch for any lodge-style space… get a pair of these bookends to add a woodsy vibe to your bookshelf.
2. Antler Pillar Holders – Target, $34 – Candles provide a warm, inviting glow, essential for any rustic style room – take your pillars a step further by displaying them in these metal antler holders.
3. Clint Magazine Stand – Apt2B, $72 – Curb the clutter with this lodge-approved leather holder made with a dark iron frame.
4. Rudy The Wall Hanging Copper Deer – CB2, $39 – This deer head wall decor is a fresh, animal-friendly take on the taxidermy trend… and the price won’t break the bank!