The typical 20-something casual Superbowl party: Lots of potato chips and beer, and whatever food the host supplies. An abundance of 2 for $3 chips and cheap, light lager.
Do your host, and the party, a favor and bring something else to spice things up like this super-easy taco dip. Every time I take it somewhere it’s gone by the time I go home. It’s a delicious blend of the best nacho toppings, no baking required.
What You’ll Need
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 1 16 ounce tub of sour cream
- 1 regular size jar of salsa
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 bunch of chopped green onions
- 1 bag of shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 small can of sliced black olives (drained)
- 1 package of finely shredded cheddar cheese
- Enough tortilla chips – I like the homemade style, your grocery store may make them
Amazing Taco Dip in 3 Steps
- Mix the taco seasoning and refried beans together. Spread this in a suitable container like a baking dish, brownie pan, or serving platter.
- Combine the sour cream and cream cheese. It’s important for the cream cheese to have softened by this point, otherwise mixing will be a pain. I found using a large spatula makes this step easy. Spread this over the beans.
- Spread the salsa over the two layers. Then disperse the chopped tomato, green onion, and green pepper over the salsa. Liberally top with the lettuce and shredded cheese, and then finish with the sliced olives.
And you’re done!
Refrigerate until you’re set to leave. Cover it with a lid or aluminum foil.