Every Wednesday, I’m going to take you on a whirlwind adventure of 13 links chronicling the news throughout the geek world I inhabit. Whether it’s movies, music, art, politics, gadgets, science, sports, grammar, or superheroes… nothing’s out of bounds and everything’s interesting.
Let it begin…
- There’s a lot of science involved here but the important bit of information for all guys out there: women seem to find non-stressed men more attractive.
- Anyone who runs onto a baseball field deserves to be physically harmed by a professional athlete (especially if they’re a Phillies fan).
- Did you know that six relatives of Tyrannosaurus were discovered this year? We’re really on our way to having a dinosaur sitcom about the Tyrant Lizard King and all his wacky relatives.
- Let’s combine two things that are popular right now: superheroes and hipsters.
- Biggest surprise of the week, hands down: a 115-pound woman caught a 13-foot, 1000-pound alligator in South Carolina.
- It seems that tiny hotel rooms will be available right on the airport concourses before long. I love the idea but I don’t really understand how it took until now to happen. I had to sleep sitting up in a terminal in Atlanta, when I was 10 — where was the “Bubble” then?!
- I often have a problem saying “no” to someone. Now I just reference this Uncluttered article and choose a good way to turn people down.
- We’ve all had dreams where our teeth fall out but what are you supposed to do if that happens in reality? Or what if you chop your finger off? Or if your eye falls out? CNN has the answers.
- Old men will not tolerate intruders in their home — how much more evidence do people need?
- There’s nothing in the Bible about aliens existing but there’s also nothing in the Bible about aliens NOT existing. Thus, this story makes sense (truthfully, though, any alien who agreed to be baptized would probably be laughing the whole time).
- If you text while you’re behind the wheel, you are 23 times more likely to get into an accident. I hope those 160 characters are worth it.
- The Echo Park Time Travel Mart — for all your time traveling needs! Located in Los Angeles, naturally.
- I don’t know how to make this sounds any more obscure and/or impressive: two guys swap shorts and belts in 12.35 seconds, setting a record. Good work, everybody.